Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Rahul Dravid Training Under 19 Team

As long as they learn, I don't care about much else," Dravid says. "Even if you fail, if you go back with the right feedback, you're better off than having succeeded and not reflected on it. I was at an Under-17 camp and Hanumant Singh used to tell me, "don't focus on results at this stage, focus on developing your career". I feel so similarly about this.
"The more they fail, as long as they reflect upon it and recognise these are the shortcomings and this is what you need to improve on. That's our job, to make them aware of the things they need to work on and become better players. No magic pill; I can't give them a formula that will make them successful. It's up to them to go back and put in the work.
"Even if some of them don't make it to the [Under-19] World Cup, I want them to feel they've had an opportunity in and around the group. And they've got some level of feedback, exposure at this level so that it can only benefit them when they go back to play."

No comments:

Post a Comment